Courses to be offered soon:
- Massage Therapy Program
- Health Care Aide Program
- Business Administration
AMA – Advanced Medication Administration Course Certificate
- Helps and safely guide health care aides in assisting with medication administration while working in home living, long-term care, supportive living, residential or other clients in care who requires health and age-related support.
WHMIS – Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Provides comprehensive information on the safe use of hazardous materials being used in Canadian workplaces, through the use of labels and material safety data sheet (MSDS).
Foot Care – Introduction to Foot care
- This course will enhance the knowledge of students regarding challenges of foot diseases and its management.
Carewest Supportive Pathways
- This is a two day course developed by Carewest Innovative Health. It has been chosen by the provincial curriculum for dementia care training and is mandatory for anybody who is taking Health Care Aide Program.
Food Safety Training
- This course/training is to increase awareness of safe food handling, food-borne illnesses, it’s causes and prevention.
- This will involve end of life care. Palliative care training will help the health care providers deal with clients and their families who are facing life threatening illness and end of life care.
- This training will help one acquire knowledge and skills in rendering cardio-pulmonary resuscitation. This will as well provide training on basic skills needed to recognize and respond to cardio-vascular emergency.
- This training will help us understand the complexity and develop the skills required to support the emotional, psychological, physical and social challenges experienced by persons with dementia.
One-on-one or Class Resume Writing Workshop
- This training will help the trainees learn how to write effective resumes to be able for them to optimize their chances of being considered or hired for positions that are well-suited to their qualifications , experiences and interests.
Job Search and Interview Techniques