International Students Admission Requirements
We understand that trying to gain admission into school especially in a foreign country can be overwhelming, that’s why ABHI has committed resources to help individual students through this process. Our admissions officers are ever ready to guide you through the application steps. To gain acceptance into any of our programs, prospective students need to have the following:
It is advisable that the applicants should start the enrollment process 4-6 moths prior to the desired date of the start of the Program as processing of student permit takes time. Visit this site
for processing times of study permits.
Following criteria should be met and documents submitted:
- Must be at least 18 years old and possesses a valid passport.
- Be a High School graduate equivalent to Grade 12 level of education. Official transcript/ diploma with translation (if not originally in English) will be needed.
- International student applicants are required to submit proof of English Language proficiency. Official test results designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada must be submitted. Any of the following will be accepted if the results do not expire prior to the start date of the program:
- IELTS academic average band score of 6.0
- Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment (CLBA) with a score of 7 in each strand
- TOEFL internet-based test overall score of 83
Upon acceptance into any of our programs, you must apply for a Student Visa.
To obtain your Student Visa and/or your Temporary Resident Visa, you must visit the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate.
Foreign Credentials Assessment:
- The International Qualifications Assessment Services (IQAS) is an Alberta Government Service that provides equivalencies for transcript and educational credentials. They have guidelines explaining how international credentials are comparable to Alberta education standards. Explore their website for more information.
- World Education Service (WES) is another resource for international students. They provide credential evaluations, research and consulting services for international students as well as for skilled immigrants. Visit their website here.